An anthology of supernatural detective stories is coming, you know, pulp-style stuff with quirky detectives solving some seriously weird cases. It’s called Society of Dead Detectives, and it sounds pretty cool. A number of successful writers and their characters are involved. Some we know about but can’t tell you about yet, which puts a bit of a strain on us. Some of which we can tell you about, and we will in a few paragraphs. What excites us most is that Wicked Horror has had the privilege of an exclusive reveal. Read on for a preview of your first look at an artwork in the collection and an author’s naming.
“Throughout history and in countless dimensions, ( Dead Detective Society ) members have taken on the strangest and most bizarre cases,” said James Aquilone, the editor of this Monstrous Books project, in explaining the collection’s underlying mythology “It’s zombies and ghosts, ghouls and vampires and werewolves. Weird, uncategorized IPs. And they’ll all be collected in this one-of-a-kind anthology and future anthologies. Learn more on Antho’s Kickstarter page . Read on to learn more about the backers we CAN talk about.
Here are the sleuths and creators we can tell you about so far.
- Dan Shamble, Zombie PI (who has featured in nine novels and dozens of New York Times Bestselling Kevin J. Anderson short stories ),
- Cal McDonald ( Steve Niles occult detective whose adventures were published by Dark Horse Comics and IDW Publishing)
- Saul When: Halloween Detective by Jean Jennings
- Jin G. Fox, death investigator by Réna Mason based on a character from her story in the award-winning anthology Black Cranes.
- A reanimated Nick Carter by David Avalon , based on the character that appeared in the Nick Carter-Killmaster novels written by his father, Michael Avallone. (Michael had his own cool PI Ed Noon.)
- “Last Known Photo, A Story of Sonja Blue” by Nancy A. Collins
- “Mr. Cricket” by Joe R. Lansdale and Kasey Lansdale
- “The World is a Secret” by Lisa Morton
You can check out the Kickstarter page for more and keep an eye out for other successful creators to be announced, but for now, without further ado (drum roll…), here’s a taste of the artwork to be included and the reveal another name’s exclusive for this listing.
Here is the artistic reveal of JK Woodward’s Dead Jack. JK is a comic artist known for IDW Fallen Angel. He’s alsowork on a host of Star rek comics and more
Like what you see? Follow us on: Twitter and Faceboo .